Xiaomi has uncovered a limited-edition prototype handset at an event held at Beijing in China on Tuesday. This new smartphone is named “Mi Mix” and is Produced in partnership with French Designer Philippe Starck. It is up for pre-orders now and will go on sale starting from November 4th onwards. It comes dipped in Black color options. Device is available in 2 different variants 1. 4 GB RAM/ 128 GB ROM priced CNY 3,499 (Approx. Rs. 35,000) and 2. 6 GB RAM/ 256 GB ROM priced CNY 3,999 (Approx. Rs. 39, 500) 18 K Gold Version has Gold Rims around Camera and FPS.
Alongside company also announced Mi VR Head Set which is compatible with Xiaomi Mi Note 2 and other Mi smartphones. It also announced Mi Flagship Smartphones Xiaomi Mi Note 2. Details regarding availability outside Home Town not known yet.
High spot of this device is its
1. Ceramic body with bezel less display and curved edges on top
2. Cantilever Piezo Electric Acoustic Ear Phones and Speakers and
3. Front camera is placed at the bottom which rotates itself when it used for taking selfies. This front camera is 50% smaller when compared with the other cameras. The proximity sensor is also seen embedded along with the front camera inside the display.
Here come the key specs of XIAOMI Mi Mix:
• 6.4-inch (1080*2040 p) IPS LCD Display with 362 PPi and 16 M colors
• 2.35 GHz Quad-Core Qual-Comm MSM 8996 Snapdragon 821 processor (performance edition) coupled with 4 GB/ 6 GB of LPDDR4 RAM
• Adreno 530 GPU @ 653 MHz
• 128 GB ROM -256 GB ROM Non-Expandable
• 16 MP rear camera with PDAF, EIS gyro, f/2.0 aperture, 4K Video Recording and Dual LED Flash and 5 MP front facing shooter for selfies
• Other features are Touch Focus, Panorama, HDR, Face Beauty Mode, Image Stabilization and Smile Detection
• Runs Android OS V 6.0 Marshmallows out of the box with MIUI 8 on Top
• 4400 mAh Li-ion non-removable battery with fast charge support 3.0 technology. Battery gets charged 83% within 30 minutes
• Measures around 7.9 mm thick and weighs 209 grams
• Finger Print Sensor is seen on the rear panel
• Board has Aqstic Audio Processor with 192 KHz/ 24-Bit Hi-fi Audio Quality
• Supports Mi Pay
• Dual SIM with 4G VoLTE
• Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
• Connectivity support 2G, 3G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, Hotspot, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, NFC, Infra-Red Port, GPRS/EDGE, Bluetooth 4.2 V, 3.5 mm audio output, Type C 1.0 reversible connector, USB-OTG and Micro-USB 2.0V
• Sensors lodged are Accelerometer, Ambient Light Sensor, Gyroscope, Compass, Barometer and Proximity