South Korean Tech Giant, Samsung Galaxy has expanded its portfolio by adding Galaxy On 8 under its On Series in India. This smartphone is teased on e-commerce website Flipkart Facebook page as “Super Amoled meets Full HD, #The Next On Coming Soon”. It holds a price tag of Rs. 15,900 and is available in Gold, Black and White color options. On 8 is Flipkart Exclusive and goes on sale during the Big Billion Day Sale on Flipkart starting from October 2nd to 6th. Device has a brushed metal like rear panel with Diamond cut finish around the body.
During the launch, Manu Sharma, Vice President, Mobile Business, Samsung India said, “The Galaxy On 8 is the perfect smartphone for consumers seeking an optimal mix of style, portability and powerful performance. This device not only looks stylish but also packs a punch with a superior consumer experience with powerful processor and vivid display. We are extremely pleased to announce the new Galaxy On 8 exclusively on Flipkart’s Big Billion Day Sale.”
Here come the key specs of Samsung Galaxy On 8:
• 1.6 GHz Octa-Core processor coupled with 3 GB of RAM
• 16 GB internal storage space expandable up to 128 GB via Micro SD Card Slot
• 13 MP rear camera with Auto Focus, f/1.9 aperture and LED Flash and 5 MP front facing shooter for selfies with LED Flash
• Runs Android OS V 6.0 Marshmallows out of the box
• 3300 mAh Li-ion non removable battery with fast charge support.
• Dual-Sim supports 3G HSPA+ and 4G VoLTE
• Measures around 7.8 mm thick and weighs 169 grams
• It has “Made in India” Initiative Features like Ultra Data Saving Mode, Turbo Speed Charging and S-Bike Mode
• Connectivity support 2G, 3G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC, GPRS/EDGE, Bluetooth 4.1 V, 3.5 mm audio output, FM Radio and Micro-USB 2.0V
• Sensors lodged are Accelerometer, Ambient Light Sensor, Hall Effect and Proximity