KyoCera publicizes its new Rugged Handset named “KyoCera DuraForce Pro” that will be launched soon in US. Details regarding the price not yet spelled. Device comes along with a special case to protect its Integrated Action Camera. It is Shock Proof, Drop Proof, Dust Proof and Water Proof (It has Military Standard 810 G for “protection against dust, shock, vibration, temperature extremes, blowing rain, low pressure, solar radiation, salt fog, humidity, immersion, temperature shock and icing/freezing rain”).
John Chier, Director of Corporate Communications at KyoCera, stated that while the company envisions a broader scope of users for the device, they’re still very much focused on enterprise and business customers—including construction, transportation, public safety, and other workers in need of a rugged device that can survive the job site. Pro has a broader appeal than past KyoCera devices and is likely to attract the attention of hikers, bikers, and other outdoor enthusiasts who could benefit from a single device that serves as both an action camera and a Smartphone.
• 5 inch (1080*1920 p) Full HD resolution
• 1.5 GHz Octa Core Qual Comm Snapdragon 617 processor coupled with 2 GB of RAM
• 32 GB storage space expandable up to 256 GB via Micro Card SD
• It has an integrated Action camera at the back along with 13 MP camera. This action camera has 135-degree field of view, Full HD Video Recording, Image Processor, in addition to Multiple Shooting Modes
• 13 MP rear camera with LED flash and 5 MP front facing shooter for selfies
• Runs Android OS V6.0 Marshmallows out of the box
• It is both IPX5 and IPX8 certified i.e. both dust and water proof resistant
• 3240 mAh battery with Quick Charge support 2.0V
• Loud Front Facing Speakers
• Dual-Sim supports 4G VoLTE
• Finger Print Sensor embedded on home button
• Connectivity support 3G, 4G/LTE, Wi-Fi, GPS, A-GPS, Bluetooth 4.2 V, 3.5 mm audio output, NFC, Miracast and Micro-USB 2.0V
• Sensors lodged are Accelerometer and Gyroscope