Intex technology has announced its new smartphone entitled as “Aqua Fish” on Friday in India. Device runs GNU/LINUX based Sailfish OS 2.0. Historically it is the first mobile device launched by OEM with Sailfish OS licensed from Jolla. Device was displayed at MWC 2016 at Barcelona in Spain. Aqua fish is now available via eBay for Rs.5,499 in Black and Orange color variants. It will go on sale via Amazon, Flipkart and Snapdeal in coming weeks.
Commenting on the launch, Sami Pienimaki, Jolla Co-Founder, stated “We are very excited and proud to witness the launch of Aqua Fish, the first Sailfish OS powered smartphone licensed by a major device vendor. With Intex Aqua Fish, smartphone lovers in India will get the possibility to experience a totally new, fast and smooth user experience, and run their favorite Android apps in a totally new environment.
• 5 inch (720*1280 p) resolution HD IPS LCD Touch screen Display with 294 PPi
• 1.3 GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 212 MSM 8909 processor with 2 GB of DDR3 RAM
• Adreno 304 GPU
• 16 GB storage space expandable up to 32 GB via Micro Card SD
• 8 MP rear camera with CMOS image sensor, Auto focus and LED flash and 2 MP front facing shooter for selfies
• Runs Android OS V 2.0 Sailfish based on MeeGo developed by former Nokia employees
• Measures 9.6 mm thick and weighs 150 grams
• 2500 mAh Li-ion non removable battery delivers 260 hours of stand by and 8 hours of talk time
• Dual – Sim shows connectivity support like 3G(HPSA), 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, Hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0 V, GPS, A-GPS, FM, 3.5mm audio jack and Micro-USB V 2.0
• Comes with preloaded apps Gaana music, Jolla store, Mail, Calendar, Tutorial Notes, World clock, Snapdeal and Android app store
• Sensors lodged are Proximity and Ambient light sensor
“At Intex, it’s our constant endeavor to bring latest technology to our consumers first. Keeping with that tradition, we are delighted to partner with Jolla to launch the world’s first smart phone with a licensed Sailfish OS. Sailfish is a young mobile OS; a challenger with a lot of promise. We are confident that our consumers will enjoy the Sailfish experience on the Aqua Fish,” stated Keshav Bansal, Director of Intex Technology.