Search Giant Google introduces its very own smartphones named the Pixel and Pixel XL on Tuesday at a press event. This is the first handset made by Google inside and out. Pixel carries the best hardware and software made by Google and is put together under one roof. Device is made of aerospace grade aluminum body and has pixel imprint i.e. Finger print sensor on the rear panel along with the G Aka logo representing Google. It has got the highest rated smartphone camera ever with 89 DxO mark mobile score.
Google Pixel smartphones is available via Flipkart and is ready for pre-orders starting this October 13th and will be seen on the market shelves from October 20th onwards. Pixel is priced Rs. 57,000 for its 32 GB variant and Pixel XL is priced Rs. 76,000 for its 128 GB variant and there is no Micro SD Slot available in both the models. It comes in dipped in three colors Silver, Quite Black and Really Blue but the last one is just a limited edition and is not available in India as of now.
Nugent said: “This is the first device with Google Assistant, Assistant lets you to find answers, manage everyday tasks, find photos fast, translates on the go and keep tabs on travel. Google Assistant will be available through the familiar “OK Google” hot word, which can be said at any time/ by a long press of the Pixel’s home button. But the Assistant access through the Pixel is just one of a new roster of devices Google is pushing, including a new Amazon Echo-like speaker, Google Home, and future products including tablets and smartwatches.
Here come the key specs of
• 5.0 (1080*1920 p) inch FHD AMOLED Display with 441 PPi, 2.5 D Curved Glass, Corning Gorilla Glass 4 Protection and 16 M colors. NTSC 100% and True Black Level
• Measures 8.5 mm thick and weighs 143 grams
• Backed up with 2770 mAh li-ion battery with fast charge support delivers 19 days of standby, 26 hours of talk time, 13 hours of video playback and 110 hours of audio playback
GOOGLE PIXEL XL:
• 5.5 (1080*1920 p) inch FHD AMOLED Display with 534 PPi, 2.5 D Curved Glass, Corning Gorilla Glass 4 Protection and 16 M colors. NTSC 100% and True Black Level
• Measures 8.5 mm thick
• Backed up with 3450 mAh li-ion battery with fast charge support delivers 23 days of standby, 32 hours of talk time, 14 hours of video playback and 130 hours of audio playback
Common Specs for Both:
• Snapdragon 421 MSM 8996 AB Quad Core Processor clocked 2+2 Kyro 2.15 GHz/ 1.6 GHz
• 4 GB of LPDDR4 RAM
• Adreno 530 GPU
• 32 GB /128 GB ROM -No SD Card Slot
• Runs Android 7.1 Nougat out of the box
• 12.3 MP Rear Camera with F/2.0 aperture, 1.55-micron size, IMX 378 sensor, PDAF and LDAF for sharp and crisp images
• 8 MP Front Facing Camera with F/2.4 aperture, IM179 sensor and fixed focus
• It has Smart Burst Mode and camera gives brilliant images under all light conditions
• It has battery that lasts for all day long and gets charged up to 7 hours in 15 minutes
• Single SIM, Single firing speaker placed at the bottom and Noise Suppression
• On the connectivity front supports 3G, 4G (Cat 9 LTE Advanced), Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2*2 MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2V, GPS, NFC, FM Radio, 3.5 mm Audio Jack, USB Type C, Micro USB 3.0 and has 18 W adapter
• Google also has so-called Quick Switch Adapter to import i Messages, photos, videos, contacts and other data directly from other devices
• Sensors lodged are Proximity, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer, Barometer, Hall Sensor, Sensor Hub, Pixel Imprint -back mounted fps for fast unlocking and Advanced X Axis for sharp defined response
Ana Corrales, vice president of global operations and Google Store, said: “We’re leveraging 18 years of search and evolving it into an assistant powered by machine learning and artificial intelligence that we believe will be the next wave of computing for the next 10 years or so and it will get better and better as people use it.”
These handsets have unlimited storage space for all photos and videos. Say goodbye to those “storage is full “notifications. Google Duo and Allo are pre-installed. Duo is used for making video calls via Android and IOS. Google has gone for on-screen button, on the front of the phones there are no separate buttons in the new Pixel phones. Pixel phones will have 24/7 live support from Google’s customer service. Users will be able to share their screen with the people at the customer service so that they can pin-point the exact problem. They have the option of pausing a screen share as well in the middle of a live chat with the customer service. The new option for Support is in-built into Google settings itself. The Support feature will be live in India too, and Google plans to have walk-in customer servicing options here as well.