Chinese smartphone manufacturer Cool Pad has come out with a new handset under its Note Series dubbed as “Cool Pad Note 5” on Friday in India. It is a successor of Cool Pad Note 3 launched last year. This smartphone will go on sale via e-retailer Amazon India exclusively for Rs. 10,999 and is up for pre-orders starting October 18. Device comes dipped in Royal Gold and Space Grey color options.
During the launch event, Dr Luo Zhongsheng VP Coolpad Group, said, “Today I am excited to launch yet another path breaking phone, “Note 5” that has been designed exclusively for the Indian market. We had set a stiff sales target ahead of us and we aim to cross the 4 million handsets mark by March next year. Coolpad aims to be in the top 5 players in the Global and Indian smartphone market”.
Syed Tajuddin, CEO, Coolpad India said, keeping with our philosophy of “Empowering everyone everywhere”, Coolpad Note 5 is a budget friendly power packed product with impressive specifications. We are confident that in the coming few months Coolpad will bring more path- breaking products and we are confident that Coolpad Note 5 will we achieve 1 million handset sales by next quarter. Offline pilot project is something we pioneered in partnership with Amazon and we will take forward this initiative to other cities over the next year.
Here come the key specs of COOL PAD NOTE 5:
• 5.5 inch (1080*1920 p) HD IPS LCD Display with 401 PPi, 2.5 D Curved Glass and 16 M colors
• 1.5 GHz Octa-Core Qual Comm MSM 8952 Snapdragon 617 Processor coupled with 4 GB of RAM
• Adreno 405 GPU
• 32GB internal storage space expandable up to 64 GB via Micro SD Card Slot
• 13 MP rear camera with Auto Focus, F/2.2 aperture, 5P lens, CMOS Sensor and LED Flash and 8 MP front facing shooter for selfies with LED Flash and F/2.2 aperture
• Runs Android OS V 6.0 Marshmallows out of the box with Cool UI 8.0 on top
• 4010 mAh Li-ion removable battery with fast charging support and delivers 350 hours of standby time
• Hybrid Dual-Sim supports 3G HSPA+ and 4G LTE
• Measures around 8.85 mm thick and weighs 173.4 grams
• Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
• Finger Print Sensor is visioned on the rear panel with Gesture support. It unlocks the device in 0.1 second and also acts as a security barrier
• It supports Dual Apps i.e. it lets users to handle two accounts of Whats App, Facebook, Messenger and many more at once on same device
• Connectivity support 2G, 3G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Hotspot, GPS, A-GPS, GPRS/EDGE, Bluetooth 4.0 V, 3.5 mm audio output, FM Radio, Micro-USB 2.0V and USB on the Go
• Sensors lodged are Accelerometer, G-Sensor, Proximity and Light Sensor