Taiwanese Electronic Firm, Acer launched the successor of Chrome Book R 11 named Chrome Book R 13. This new laptop has 360-degree rotatable hinge that allows the users to use the Chrome Book in four different modes (Pad, Tent, Display and Laptop). This device has Chrome OS, but google is making it possible to run Android Apps from Google Play Store. Android App support added provides versatility to this new switchable Chrome Book.
Security is a key benefit of Chromebook, as it’s automatically updated to guard against ever-changing online threats. In addition, the Supervised Users feature helps get customers online in a safe, controlled way. This switchable Chrome Book is available in only one color variant “Sparkly Silver” in North America for $399 and in EMEA markets for EUR 399 starting this October.
R 13 is described as “Fast and Snappy Device” and the Mediatek Processor in it absolutely lives up to the performance of equal Intel Products
• Sports a 13.3 inch (1920*1080 p) FHD IPS LED Backlit Display with 10 finger Multi Touch support
• Media Tek M 8173 C Core Pilot Quad Core Processor coupled with 4GB of LPDDR3 RAM
• Power VR GX 6250 Graphics
• Comes in different variants based on Storage space 16 GB / 32GB / 64 GB further extended via Micro SD Slot
• Chrome OS that runs Android Apps
• Full sized Chrome Keyboard and Touchpad
• HD Audio with dual integrated speakers
• HD Web Camera
• Built in 3-cell battery delivers up to 12 hours of life in a single charge
• Measures 15.5 mm thick and weighs 1.49 kilograms
• Connectivity front 2*2 MIMO 802.11 ac Wi-Fi & Bluetooth 4.0 V
• It has a USB 3.0 V Type A Port, 1 HDMI Port, SDXC card reader, 3.5 mm Head phone and Microphone jack and 1 USB 3.1 Reversible Type C Port